Infrastructure Victoria is committed to protecting your privacy. Any personal information collected, handled, stored or disclosed about you through our online services will be managed in accordance with the Information Privacy Act 2000.
Personal information means information or an opinion that is recorded about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information or opinion.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
Infrastructure Victoria will only collect and record personal information that is provided directly to us that is necessary for us to perform our functions or activities.
Personal information is collected for example in the following situations:
- when you send us an email
- when you use our online services, such as completing a survey electronically
- when you provide feedback
- when you register or join our social networking sites, e.g. facebook, twitter, YouTube, our online forums, etc.
Sending Emails to Infrastructure Victoria
Your email address will be recorded and used solely for the purpose for which you have provided it. It will not be disclosed, added to a mailing list or used for any other purpose without your consent.
We collect technical information through the use of click stream data for statistical purposes. Cookies are used to understand site usage and usability, and Web Beacons are used.
When you visit our online services, including some of our social networking sites, Infrastructure Victoria makes a record of your visit. The following information is logged by our server:
- your server address
- your top level domain name (for example, .com, .gov, .au, .uk, etc)
- the date and time you visited our website or completed the online transaction
- the pages you accessed and documents you downloaded
- the type of browser you are using
- the address of the referring site (that is, the previous site you visited).
All of this information is collected for statistical purposes to enable us to assess the number of visitors to the different sections of our site, determine what information is most and least used and help us make our site more useful to visitors.
We do not actively seek to identify you. However, in the unlikely event of an investigation, a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect our server's logs.
When you visit our site, our server may generate a cookie. A cookie is a small piece of information (a text file) that a web server can place temporarily on your hard drive or web browser. It is used by your browser to identify the pages that you have visited on our site.
A cookie is uniquely yours and can only be read by the server that gave it to you.
Access and Correction
Please contact us if you:
- want to have access to the personal information (if any) that we hold about you
- want to know more about what sort of information we hold, for what purposes and how we deal with that information
- believe that the personal information that we hold about you is not accurate, complete and up to date
- have concerns about your privacy rights.
How to contact us
If you have questions or concerns about privacy please contact Infrastructure Victoria on (03) 9651 9199 or email email@example.com